Blue Spruce Chapter • DAR • Lakewood, CO
Revolutionary War Movies, Documentaries, Films and Other Resources on the Internet
Many of our members develop an interest in the Revolutionary War, and naturally, there are a great many books available on that subject. If you're looking for movies, listed below are some outstanding programs you may enjoy.
MOVIES AND DOCUMENTARIES
• The Revolution (2006 / 4 discs / History Channel). This is a "must-see" documentary for anyone with an interest in the Revolutionary War.
• 1776. Winner of three Tony Awards in 1969 (including Best Musical).
• Revolution Revisited (1985) / An action-packed film starring Al Pacino as a New York trapper whose son is drafted to fight in the war.
• John & Abigail Adams: American Experience. (2005 / PBS production)
• Thomas Jefferson (Ken Burns/History Channel)
• Founding Fathers (2000 / 2 discs / History Channel)
• Ben Franklin (History Channel)
• Liberty! The American Revolution (2004 / 3 discs / PBS production)
• The American Revolution (2004 / 3 discs / PBS production)
• The War That Made America (2006 / PBS production / 2 discs)
• The Crossing (2000) / Jeff Daniels stars as George Washington in this depiction of the surprise attack on the British Army's Hessian mercenaries at Trenton during the American Revolution.
• "TURN" / AMC's period drama based on Alexander Rose's book Washington's Spies: The Story of America's First Spy Ring.
CAN'T GET ENOUGH ABOUT THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR?
Here are some great resources on the Internet.
• History is Fun / The Yorktown Chronicles. Presented by the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation, this fascinating website presents the Revolutionary War from an American, British and world perspective. In addition, a well-crafted series of short films cover various aspects of the War.
• Yale University 25 session lecture on the Revolutionary War by professor Joanne B. Freeman. You must first download the free iTunes University app (iTunes U). If you have trouble finding this outstanding course, Google: iTunes U Revolutionary War Joanne Freeman.
If you know of additional resources you'd like to have mentioned on this resource page, please contact the webmaster.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.